Well, that was painful

Posted 22 July 2004, 13:33 | by | | Perma-link

So, I've just had the joy of going through all my old posts (only 53 of them at the last count), and adding in <br /> tags in all the line breaks - I don't like the way Blogger was adding paragraph tags everywhere, causing all sorts of havoc, so I turned off the feature in the formatting settings… which broke all the archive pages. This meant I had to go through each post, add the tags, and publish each one as I went, there's doesn't seem to be a way to edit them all, mark them all as ready to publish, but don't publish just yet, and then bulk publish them all. Slow. But can't really complain, it's not what you're supposed to do, go back and change history.

As I had to go through the all the old posts, I also removed the links with my email address (I was young and naive - so much spam now), and removed the target attributes from the links, attempting to make this all more XHTML1.1 compliant (it's not yet, but I'm working on that). Still need to work out what I'm going to do with the image tags though - I guess I need move the width and height attributes in to the styles.

Note to self: Must stop doing this stream of consciousness stuff - I keep leaving ellipsis everywhere - not good.

I don't know when, but I'll try and get the downloads and tutorials back up, but they are all horribly out of date - UT's on 2004 now :( Laters.

[Update 2011/05/13: Oh the irony, as I go back and tag these old posts, and also change the double <br />s back into paragraphs because I now understand about symantic mark-up Wink.]

Filed under: Site Updates