So, my rubbish telephone/broadband provider are really taking the biscuit this time aren't they? How's this for a tale of woe and depression:
On 20 July, I inform them that I'm moving house on the 29 July, and wish to take my phone and broadband service with me, and while we're at it, let's switch to their Total Broadband Option 3 - the one they've been advertising on the telly recently.
We move in, quite smoothly, recommend Matthew James Removals - very efficient.
It's Saturday and we still seem to have the old number on the phone. The homehub turns up however, I call BT, and find out that it's not being cut off until later that day, and our new number won't be in place until Monday.
Monday comes (31 July), eventually the phone is connected, but no broadband - might not be activated until 20:00 on the day the phone's activated. 21:00, still no broadband - raise a support call.
Over the next two weeks I make various calls chasing up the status of my broadband service, it gets passed to "Delayed Provisions", and eventually I get a call to say it's been activated on 11 August - "Finally!" I think. Then my wife calls to say that there's no phone line… BT offer a "free" redirection service - it's in quotes because they have gone an charged me for the redirections they made!
So, a crossed line from 11 August until 15 August, then, seeming bliss - phone and internet together - "Hurrah!".
My elation was short lived. On Thursday 17 August, the broadband dropped out again. For another two weeks.
I finally had a broadband connection on 5 September - however BT have been charging me for it since 11 August, and then today, I find that I appear to have lost my phone line again, although curiously, not my broadband service - however I can't call BT's help lines from my broadband phone…
I've therefore had to take the unprecedented step of canceling my direct debit mandate until such time as they issue me with a bill that actually represents the service I have (or rather have not) received from them.
Filed under: Personal